This event occurred on 22nd May 2022
Single Origin Series 03, with third-generation coffee planters Sharan and Eshwar Gowda — the brotherly duo — of Salawara Estate
aims to take members of the audience through the journey of creating specialty cultivation and processing paradigms for Robusta — the second largest cultivated and largely overlooked, albeit essential species of coffee — from scratch.
The event also aims to traverse the history of Salawara Estate, closely interwoven with the colonial narrative and the rise of India as a global player in coffee. Through the event we will be exclusively brewing, sampling, and giving out samples of the novel Specialty Robusta lineup we’ll be introducing with Salawara Estate as our first specialty robusta sourcing partnership.Here's what will take place:
- An introduction to Specialty Robusta
- A panel conversation with Sharan and Eshwar Gowda, third-generation coffee planters at Salawara Estate
- Exclusive launch and discussion around Subko's first-ever Specialty Robusta lineup
- The great choux experiment: a bakehouse take on the sensory distinction of Arabica and Robusta, highlighted through an Arabica and Robusta coffee cream choux
Join us on May 22nd at The Craftery by Subko, Byculla East.
Limited capacity of 45 people only.
Unlimited batch brew and paired bakehouse offerings will be available throughout the event.
Terms and Conditions:
- The venue for the event is – The Craftery by Subko, Unit No. 2 Jak Compound, D K, 1st Cross Lane, Byculla East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400027.
- Guests are advised to wear masks where possible.
- We would appreciate your presence at least twenty minutes prior to the starting time.
- We will be handing out a goodie bag towards the end of the event. Be sure to ask for it!
- Tickets are tax-inclusive and once purchased are non-refundable.